How fast can a Jack Russell terrier run is a question that is needed to be answered especially for those who are involved with dog breeding? But this article is specifically about the rat terrier. If you are thinking about the speed of the rat terrier then the good news for you is that this breed comfortably makes their place among the ten fastest dogs in the world.
This is a common understanding that this is an American Breed actually and originally the things are a bit different. The actual origin of the dog was British. Then it was moved to America. In America, they were raised and groomed. This is the reason that actually this is known as an American brand. Although the brand is truly not American.
As far as the speed of the dog is concerned this comfortably makes its place among the first 10 dogs of the word. Due to their resemblance with the Jack Russell Terriers. Sometimes people consider it as the Jack Russell Terriers. But these are completely different.
Rat Terrier is a faster dog in comparison to the Jack Russell Terriers. The speed of the rat terrier is 28 miles per hour while the speed of the rat terrier is 25 miles per hour.
The nature of the Rat Terrier
As far as the nature of the rat terrier is concerns this is a highly friendly dog. If you are the type of person who loves to tap the dog then this is the dog for you. The rat terrier loves to sit in the lap of their owners. As these are intelligent dogs so this is really easy to train them. Highly responsive in training. It loves to accept challenges. Budget weather should be highly capable; this will only follow the instruction if the dog’s trailer has leadership skills.
Hunter by nature this is not a very good dog to keep in the apartment. This is the reason it is recommended that you should go for a walk with y0ur daily.
Day to day care of the Dog
- The rat terrier by its nature is a low maintenance dog. But as it is a living being so it does require the proper care. Hair shedding is a common problem. The dogs needed to comb their hair regularly. This is something that you have to do at least once a week.
- This is necessary for the rat terrier to go out for a walk daily. A 10 to 20 minutes walk now only keeps the dog active but this is something which is really necessary for its mental health and physical condition.
- Do care about the dog as it is a hunter by nature. This may tear off the small toys. As you remember this breed is known to hunt rats. This rat hunting activity may be replaced with the toy hunting activity.
- Health issues can disturb the life of the dog. These can be handled well. The way to handle these issues is to start with genetic makeup. Look in the gens if there is a problem in the gens of the dog or not. To find out this you need to look at the medical history of the parents. Once the medical history of the parents is open to you. Most likely the medical problems of the parents will be transferred to the child along with the other issues. So if you know about the medical issues in advance you can satel these more easily.
Other Dogs faster than the Rat Terrier
- The fattest dog in the word is greyHound. This is the word fastest dog. This can run with the speed of 40 miles per hour. Although this is a hunting dog but even then this is truly a gentle dog. This peace loving dog is involved in the sports game. The maximum speed of the dog can be reached to the speed of 64 kilometers per hour. The reason behind this extraordinary speed is the flexible spine. This flexible spine combined with the slim build gives the dog the maximum speed.
- The second fastest dog in the world is Saluki. This dog can run with the speed of 42.8. But this is not the maximum speed this dog can achieve. The maximum speed of the breed of the dog is 68.8 kilometers per hour. Sometimes Saluki can beat many greyhounds in terms of speed. This may vary from dog to dog.
- The third place is occupied by a Hungarian dog. The name of this breed is Vizsla. Vizsla can run from 40 miles per hour to 64.3738 KMPH.
- With 36miles per hour the Borzoi is at the 4th number. This is a dog which is similar to the afgan gond. Afgan hounds are also very dogs.
- Whippets secured the 5th place with the speed of 34.79 miles per hour. This dog can run at the max with the speed of 56 kilometers per hour.
- The afghan Greyhound is known as an intelligent dog. This intelligent move with the reasoning. The speed of the dog is 29 miles per hour but this is the minimum speed. Greyhound has the height of 70 Cm approximately. As far as the weight of the greyhound is concerned the weight of the dog is 27 kg. This is the maximum value of the weight. The minimum value of the weight is 20 kgs.
- Dalmatian is aso another dog. This dog can run with the speed of 27 miles per hour to 37 miles per hour. If you are looking for a running companion. Then this active and fast dog is a good choice.